I've done some reupholstering before with an ottoman, an occasional chair, and an easy chair before but this project was the first time that I created something from scratch, and it was the first time I've done tufting.
In November, I went to a fabric wholesaler near greenville, SC and got the fabric for it. I then hit a snag because we didn't have anything to transport the lumber to our home. So in January, after we got a trailer, we got all of the wood parts for it. I started working on it but only got part of the way through when I was in the car accident and had to take things easy for awhile. And once I could do more, I spent a lot of my time trying to catch up with other aspects of life...so here I am about 3/4 of a year later finishing it.
I started with deciding the general height that I wanted it to be in relation to the height of our bed and the ratio of our room. (Don't mind our test patches of paint!)